Mark launched, but the L213 nose dived into the ground. So three clicks of up elevator trim saw it rising up fabulously.
The only trim I had to alter was the elevator, which then needed down trim to stop it from going up, and up, and up.
I cruised around for a couple of minutes to get a feel for it, and it was feeling very nice indeed.
I had aileron DR on a 3 position switch but I found that my max setting was fine with the 30% expo I had set.
Loops were fine, and HUGE in that lift without using any snap flap. Rolls were great, but when I engaged the flaps mix, the rolls were superbly crisp and axial.
Four point hesitation rolls were dead easy, and I even managed to knife edge it. Inverted only needed a tiny bit of down elevator.
Thermal flap needed a reduction in elevator compensation. Speed flap, (I had set about 1 mm of reflex) saw a slight increase in speed and the nose came down just a smidgen. I shall experiment with this setting to get the best amount of reflex/speed.
CROW was perfect at height with no tendency to rise or dive, so it appeared I'd got the elevator compensation about right.
My first landing and I deployed crow. She slowed down nicely but hovered about 8' above the ground, so instead of adding down elevator I decided to try the spoilers.
I'm so glad I put the spoilers on a slider and not on a switch. With about ¼ movement, she came down to a nice landing, the spoilers killing the lift.
Here's a video of the launch. Unfortunately my head cam wasn't set correctly and I missed most of the action. Hopefully this Saturday will be better.