Construction of the fuselage is progressing nicely.
I'm awaiting delivery of a sheet of 4mm correx for the tail fin and horizontal stabilizer, so I've decided to make a start on the primary covering.
Usually I cover my correx builds in vinyl, but this model is going to be painted in the colour that the Luftwaffe used for the Polish invasion in 1939.
Painting on correx will require special primers and paints and as this is a 'budget' build I carried out a few tests on preparing the surface so that it will except standard paints.
The best result I had was to sand the surface down to 'key' the plastic, then spray the correx with a 3M type aerosol glue and while this was tacky I applied brown paper to it.
This has dried ok so I should be able to paint and seal this with no problem....hopefully, only time will tell.
Looking a bit rough at the moment, but getting there , albeit slowly.
As you can see, I've managed to source a canopy which is the correct size, this saves me trying to make one.
I'm having a flat nosed spinner 3D printed up, along with a pair of exhausts and an engine air intake. These should help with the 'scale look'.
I've also made a start on the construction of the wings, again I've used my tried and tested method of build using 2mm sheet for the wing skin and a 8mm thick pine strip cut to shape & size for the spar.
This method produces a flat bottomed 'Clark Y' type section, along with 2.5" of dihedral under each wing, has proved very successful.
The wing template is drawn around to form the basic shape of the wing.
But you do not cut along the L/E as this becomes a fold line and the material in front of the fold line/leading edge becomes the top of the wing.
Well it looks like a wet weekend ahead of us so no flying :-( so I'll try and crack on with the wing build....
Till next time.