Right, lets carry on with the wing.
A spar made out of a strip of pine batten 8mm thick is cut as per plan, although I have slightly modified it to include a slight amount of wash out in the finished wing.
The spar is glued to the bottom of the wing using my hot glue gun.
Note, this photo is from the Impala build but the same principle applies.
Once the glue has cooled you apply 2 pack adhesive to the top of the spar and the rear most edge of the trailing edge.
I then gently folded the wing back from the leading edge over the spar and slid the wing into my jig, the purpose of the jig is to keep the bottom of the wing flat and help form the correct angle of the leading edge.
A straight edge and clamps were used to hold in place while the glue dried.
Note how the top sheet rolls over the spar with out kinking
I made a mistake with the first attempt and creased the wing over the spar, this wing was scrapped.
I seem to of miss placed the photo of the finished wing but I'll try and find it and add latter.
The curve over the spar is supposed to be gently with no crease.
A second wing is build the same as this but obviously the other side, not like I've done before and built two left hand wings!!!!
A piece of batten is cut as per plan into a vary shallow 'V' shape and approx 8" long, this will be used to join the wings and add the correct dihedral ( 3" in this case )
The aileron is cut out, again following the dimensions on the plan, this will be hinged with cross weave tape latter in the build.
As I planed to paint this model I decided to cover the model in brown paper which was applied after spraying the fuselage with a 3m type glue,
The fin and horizontal stabilizer are made from 4mm correx to give a little more strength, these will be fitted into the slot in the back of the fuselage.
To me it looked like the fin on the plan was slightly to small so I increased it by approx 10 mm which I think is an improvement on it's appearance.
To allow the elevator to move you run a blade along the hinge line on the bottom of the stabilizer only cutting through one side, this allows the top side to act as a hinge.
That's all for now guys until next time....