So here is the latest weather info.
Friday (For those travelling down and with some spare time to fly) Wind turning from SW to southerly, 14 mph (24 mph at the Bwlch) but rain forecast to arrive around 6 PM .
I have to collect the Mickey's gate key from Abergavenny about 5PM so I should be at the Bwlch between 5:45 - 6PM but with a southerly blowing, we would fly Back of Wrecker, so at the Ice Cream Van Lay-by you take the road opposite for Port Talbot and drive for approx ¾ mile until you come to another lay-by on your right. This is the Wrecker. Once parked you walk up and over the slope BEHIND you to reach Back of Wrecker.
Saturday - Some forecasts are saying prolonged, steady rain, others say showers. Some are also saying south westerly and others southerly, 18mph (28 mph at the Bwlch) It's a case of suck it and see. We will meet as planned at the Ice Cream Van lay-by for 10AM, and please be prompt as I have to lock the gate behind us.
Because the Bwlch is so high, it can become shrouded in low cloud, or clag as we locals call it. If this is the case then we have an option of moving to another slope, Meio Common, approximately a 30 minute drive away, as long as the wind is south westerly. We can drive together in convoy for those who don't it.
Sunday - Forecast as sunshine and showers, south westerly but turning westerly, 12 mph (24 mph at the Bwlch).
I'll keep you informed of any changes that may occur and will be posting tomorrow evening after my flying session.
Post a Comment